CERTIFIED ALCOHOL AND DRUG COUNSELOR
This position is responsible for providing effective Assessment and counseling services for individuals and their families with Substance Use Disorders in the Behavioral Health Department and in Medical Pods when needed. This candidate will also work with the BH Team clinicians promoting achievement of client goals and objectives for Recovery. Candidate will assist clinicians and clients to formulate their goals for treatment.
Reports to: MAT RN Care Manager
- Bi-lingual Spanish- English preferred.
- CADC Certification or in the process of attaining.
- Basic understanding of co-occurring disorders in mental health and substance use.
- One year of work experience as a CHW, CAC or CADC working with BH and Recovery clients.
- Ability to establish measurable, individualized goals and objectives to achieve positive treatment outcomes with clients.
- Ability to interact in a friendly manner and set professional boundaries with clients.
- Must have empathy toward clients with mental health/recovery disorders.
- Have a non-judgmental attitude toward clients and colleagues at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required for working with clients and staff.
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to document client encounters in a concise, accurate manner and clinically professional manner.
- Good decision making and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must be willing to train as needed for this position and other tasks in BH Dept.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide support, counseling and case management services to individuals with mental health and substance use disorders. This includes, but is not limited to coordinating services for Behavioral Health clients and making necessary referrals to community resources.
- Responsible for providing direct services in a client’s natural environment, office or telephonically.
- Meet individually or in groups with clients in support of their recovery.
- Carry a caseload of recovery clients.
- Consult with MAT RN Care Manager and Clinicians concerning the treatment plan and overall care for recovery clients on your caseload.
- Complete UTOXes on clients and document in EHR when appropriate.
- Conduct MAT intakes with clients and document in EHR. This includes the MAT contract and releases of information, screenings.
- Present MAT clients at Team meetings.
- Provide “Warm Handoffs” in Medical Pods as needed and document in EHR.
- Collaborate with MAT RN Care Manager to formulate effective and efficient work flows to facilitate MAT procedures for the BH Team
1. This position requires the ability to work 8 hours daily for 40 hours per week and may include evening hours.
2. This position requires the ability to use a computer workstation and document in an Electronic Health Record.