Dental Registration Coordinator
Position Title: Dental Registration Coordinator
This position is responsible for welcoming the public and overseeing the waiting room; responsible for the accuracy and completeness of all manual and computerized intake documents as well as verification of and witness to financial information; responsible for coverage of the main telephone switchboard as well as voice mail and written messages.
Reports to: Chief Operation Officer
- High School graduate
- Detail-oriented; able to work accurately and efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess the ability of positively interact with patients, personnel, visitors and the general public.
- Maintain HIPPA regulations.
- Must possess the ability to work independently, problem solve and make decisions when necessary.
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer literate in basic applications and data entry.
- Friendly, reliable, and professional both in behavior and appearance.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, individuals seeking assistance and the general public.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
- Schedules and check patients in/out as needed, collect co-payments if applicable.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the data entry of patient information into the computer as well as relevant insurance.
- Oversight of all patient/visitor activity; knowledge of reason and presence in clinic and answering phones.
- Ensure that waiting area, front entry and reception desk are orderly and professional in appearance to facilitate interactions with other staff and to reflect well on the health center as viewed by the public. Monitor safety and noise level in waiting area.
- Handle inquiries regarding hours, location, programs, patient eligibility etc. in a professional manner.
- Inquires of all patients as to any change in address, phone, financial or insurance status.
- Assist patients in filling out forms, review forms for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain daily log of patient encounters and document “no shows”.
- Provide daily report of new patient visits as required.
- Responsible for scanning of patient records
- Actively participate in staff meetings
- Work as part of a team
13. Carries out tasks as requested by Chief Operations Officer.
This position also requires the ability to use a computer, work at a computer workstation, viewing a CRT and have some knowledge of a keyboard. May require rotation with other front office personnel to cover later clinic hours.