Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Position Title: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
The Coordinator, Marketing & Communications supports marketing and communications for Caring Health Center. The Coordinator is responsible for implementing marketing and communications strategies for CHC, working collaboratively with all departments to ensure all advertisements, communications, collateral materials accurately reflect and support CHC’s brand and message.
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or closely-related field preferred or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in marketing, communications, or public relations, or a combination of education and experience preferably in community setting, not for profit environment.
- Creative thinker, excellent listener and communicator
- Demonstrated ability as an articulate spokesperson, effective writer and communicator.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate marketing and public relations activities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Strong problem solving skills with an eye towards establishing best practices and process improvement
- Proficiency in Adobe Software Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Muse), Microsoft
- Office Suite, social media management software, Constant Contact, and content management systems.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborates with the Marketing Director and Manager to assist with the development of marketing plans, including promotional calendars and programs, new product introductions and other marketing projects
- Conducts and/or commissions market research to ensure CHC’s strategy is driven by the most current insights on consumers’ behavior patterns and overall health care industry trends.
- Creates reports on internal data and analytics, as well as external market research, identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats the health center faces in the marketplace.
- Researches, writes, edits and designs promotional and news materials including press releases, advertisements, print, digital, audio, and visual media.
- Coordinates CHC’s electronic media presence through CHC websites and all social sites (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn) ensuring it is timely, compelling, reinforces the Health Center’s brand, and aligns with the organization’s overall strategy.
- Serves as liaison between the Health Center and its advertising partners in print, digital, radio, video and other media, managing the execution of contracts and the delivery of content on strict deadlines.
- Conducts focus groups with physicians, administrators, staff and patients as needed to obtain information used in marketing and communication strategies.
- Coordinate marketing and communications related projects as needed including Social Media, Onboarding and Seasonal Health Calendars, Marketing Audits, Outreach and Special Events.
- Supports overall goals of CHC by crafting and driving broader marketing strategies, and subsequently individual campaigns that help the organization meet its internal targets and increase its market share.
This position requires compliance with Caring Health Center’s compliance standards, including its Standards of Conduct, Compliance Program, and policies and procedures. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the Marketing and Communications Coordinator’s regular performance evaluation.
From time to time, this position requires the ability to work long and arduous hours.