Position Title: Facilities Assistant
Responsible for oversight of the Facilities, Maintenance, and Janitorial services.
Reports to: Facilities Supervisor
- Valid Driver’s License
- OSHA Certification or Training preferred.
- 2-3 years job related experience in health care setting.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license and transportation.
- Working knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in janitorial work.
- Some knowledge of the methods, materials and tools used in minor maintenance repairs.
Ability to: Perform a full range of janitorial duties to acceptable standards. Use standard hand and power tools utilized to make minor maintenance repairs.
- Requires performing heavy, fatiguing work; climbing, pushing, pulling, stooping and lifting containers, materials and equipment up to 75 pounds
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain all Caring Health facilities in a safe, functional and presentable manner.
- Assist in preforming general repair/maintenance to include, but not limited to electrical, building, plumbing, landscaping, painting, carpentry and basic remodeling.
- Assist in maintaining facility-wide recycling program.
- Access doors and windows for proper closing and heat/ac retention/ repair exterior / interior locks as needed
- Maintain aesthetics of all sites; ensure that there is visible signage, windows treatments are presentable, grounds maintenance; assess common grounds for rubbish, if necessary sweep and dispose of trash;
- Help facilitate Emergency Action Plans, relating to Bomb Threats/Evacuation
- Assist in maintaining inventory and security of all maintenance equipment and supplies related to the facility and grounds.
- Request maintenance supplies and equipment as needed from maintenance supervisor or designee.
- Respond to all work orders in a timely manner.
- Other duties as deemed necessary that would be in the realm of maintenance/facilities.
This position also requires the ability to use a computer, work at a computer workstation, viewing a CRT and have some knowledge of a keyboard.
From time to time, this position requires the ability to work long and arduous hours, outside of regular hours for the agency.