Vice President of Operations
The Vice President of Operations oversees the Director of Operations and assist the Chief Operations Officer (COO) with the oversight of administrative support staff, including the front desk and facilities. The VP will work with Caring Health Center’s Infectious Disease Nurse, Chief Medical Officer and Chief Operations Officer. The VP’s scope includes operations management, with oversight of the front desk for all clinical departments, call center, managed care, health benefits, community health, compliance and risk management, emergency management, as well as management of our off- hours switchboard vendor, oversight of provider scheduling, and oversight of clinical equipment maintenance. The VP will work with Caring Health Center’s Infectious Disease Nurse to oversee all COVID vaccine clinic operations. This position works closely with primary care, human resources, and finance to ensure organizational alignment related to key initiatives and stakeholder engagement. Proposal writing, report preparation and submission and grants management included in role.
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Supervises: Director of Front Office Operations, Refugee Health and Interpreter Services
- Minimum of five to ten years related management experience in ambulatory/health care systems and Master’s Degree in related field.
- Supervisory and administrative experience.
- General knowledge of basic government programs and procedures.
- Knowledge of health care related Management Information Systems.
- Demonstrated success in team building and strategic process.
- Must have strong Electronics Health Records (EHR) knowledge
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides strong, hands-on, on-site operational support to primary care and affiliated services with a focus on ensuring providers have what they need to care for patients in an efficient and effective manner.
- Fosters effective and transparent communication between staff within and across departments to ensure staff are clear on goals and expectations.
- Works with Director of Front Office Operations overseeing Practice Management goals and objectives to ensure providers are meeting required productivity performance expectations
- Works with Director of Front Office Operations to ensure Practice Manager maximizes provider schedules at full capacity.
- Ensures operations areas are following standard policies, procedures, and protocols, and supports creation and adoption of new policies as needed by leading Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and metric development and tracking for all roles/departments.
- Assists staff with finding creative solutions to address key operational issues that are swift, effective and within budget targets.
- In conjunction with the Director of Clinical Operations, works to enhance provider efficiency and resolve clinic-related issues directly hands on.
- Works with senior leadership team members to discuss resources and support needed to facilitate effective operations and follows chain of command in securing needed resources
- Provides a strong day-to-day on-site leadership presence for all staff, supports an open-door policy among all staff that models WE ARE ONE TEAM management philosophy, and is part of the solution on a day-to-day basis.
- Implements and/or fixes existing tools so they are effective and improve operational efficiency and control costs.
- Understands financial performance of operations related departments. Clearly communicates budget goals and expectations to staff; monitors performance and pro-actively manages expenses and identifies creative solutions to budget challenges.
- In conjunction with the Risk Manager and Chief Compliance Officer at CHC, implements training, plans and actions to ensure continuous compliance and risk mitigation for all aspects of the organization.
- Oversees operations-related aspects of value-based payment programs in which the Health Center participates. Ensures operations workflows, systems, structure, and resources are in place to allow the Health Center to meet or exceed quality and financial value-based program metrics.
- Ensures resources and changes are put in place to support medical staff in meeting value-based program metrics based on direction from medical leadership.
- Monitors service performance and patient experience date and enacts swift, effective data-driven change to improve performance and meet patient satisfaction, patient access, quality, and budget goals.
- Ensures effective procedures and controls within oversight areas/departments to promote communication and adequate information flow between Senior Leadership, Operations, and other departments.
- Updates and maintains operating policies consistent with the CEO’s overall policies and objectives and ensures their adequate execution and reports results to the CEO.
- Ensures activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations, and meet DPH clinic licensure, NCQA medical Home accreditation, HRSA FQHC program requirements and operational site visits (osv) as well as any other regulatory and/or funding requirements.
- Achieve and maintain proficiency in the use of OCHIN EPIC practice management and electronic health records (EHR) modules.
- Handle special projects as assigned by the President/CEO.
- Oversee report development and submission on federal and state grants related to operations.
- Works with the Chief Medical Director (CMO) and other Management Team members to develop scheduling policies and implementation.
- Supervises maintenance and administrative support staff, including front desk and informational systems functions.
- Participate in Board Meetings, and senior leadership meetings.
- Handles various contract negotiations.
This position requires the ability to use a computer workstation, viewing a CRT and operating a keyboard.
From time to time, this position requires the ability to work long and arduous hours.