Dental Practice Manager
Under limited supervision, the Dental Practice Manager is accountable for the successful operation of the dental office. This includes managing office staff, ensuring compliance with state and federal guidelines and maximizes office revenues.
Reports to: Dental Director & Chief Operations Officer
Supervises: Dental Front Desk Staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Management/Business
- Previous experience as Dental Practice Manager preferable.
- Computer literate. (Dentrix and Epic knowledge helpful)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Reliable and professional in behavior and appearance.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Works cooperatively with the Chief Operations Officer and Dental Director to ensure efficient daily operation of the dental clinic.
2. Supervision of the front desk staff with authority to approve weekly timesheets.
3. Manages Dental Assistant work schedule, time and attendance.
4. Maintain schedules for both front office and dental assistants.
5. Liaison with other departments and communicate effectively with senior management.
6. Ensue compliance with OSHA, HIPAA, Universal Precautions, and record keeping guidelines.
7. Ensure compliance with company and department policies.
8. Actively participates in the achievement of patient satisfaction.
9. Review statements, invoices, receipts, and charges. Orders, stocks, and maintains adequate inventories of all dental and office supplies.
10. Coordinates monthly department meeting with Dental Director and COO, takes and disseminate meeting minutes.
11. Provides coverage as needed or on a regular basis for front-end.
12. Answer patient calls, letters and other correspondence as appropriate.
13. Solicit patient feedback to improve service.
14. Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisors.
15. Tracking of all data for BPRA and UDS.
This position also requires the ability to use a computer, work at a computer workstation, viewing a CRT and have some knowledge of a keyboard.
From time to time, this position requires the ability to work long and arduous hours.