Licensed Behavioral Health Clinician
Licensed clinician will provide assessments, all mandated documentation associated with an assessment; diagnose; formulate treatment plans; complete progress notes after every patient encounter; provide effective therapeutic interventions according to Best Practice models and Medical Necessity appropriate for each patient and their diagnosis. This clinician will take referrals from Caring Health Center (CHC) providers and conduct therapy sessions at one of the CHC sites or at the patient’s home as need dictates.
Reports to: DIRECTOR OF BEHAVIORAL HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- Master’s degree in Clinical Social Work or Master’s degree in counseling or psychology from accredited College or University.
- LMHC, LMFT or LADAC are also acceptable educational credentials.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred but not required.
- Licensed in the State of Massachusetts.
- Familiarity with multicultural groups, previous work experience in a multicultural setting.
- Prior experience addressing the BH needs of patients with chronic medical conditions (e.g., diabetes, hypertension).
- Experience with quality improvement and tracking/reporting on BH indicators.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; proven ability to communicate with diverse audiences.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and respect; regard for patient privacy is essential.
- Organizational skills a must.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Computer literacy.
- Experience with an Electronic Health Record is preferable.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide therapeutic interventions including adult and child individual, family, couple, consultation, collateral interventions.
- Provide BH SBIRT services to CHC patients.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the primary care team (including providers, pharmacist, etc.) to improve health outcomes.
- Provide “warm hand shake” for identified patients when schedule allows.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of patient encounters, and services provided to each patient as well as track BH indicators as identified in the BHI grant.
- Attend BHI meetings weekly as well as other identified meetings for patient care.
- Attend supervision with BHI Director as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer workstation.