The Physicians Assistant is a mid-level provider who practices under the direction of a supervising MD. The Physician Assistant provides culturally sensitive direct patient care to Caring Health Center patients and counseling to their families. In addition, the Physician Assistant participates in the quality assurance, administrative tasks, general activities and obligations of all health care providers at CHC as outlined in the “Provider Expectations” portion of the Clinicians’ Manual.
Reports to: Medical Director
Salary Status: Exempt
- Graduate of NCCPA – and Board of Registration of Physician Assistants - approved PA Program.
- Maintenance of Massachusetts PA Licensure.
- Maintenance of DEA registration and Massachusetts Controlled Substance Registration.
- Adherence to AAPA standards of fifty (50) hours Category I, and fifty (50) hours Category II CME every two (2) years.
- NCCPA Certification.
- Commitment to culturally competent medical care of a diverse ethnic population.
- BCLS required; ACLS encouraged.
- Ability to establish, and maintain effective working relationships with other staff and levels.
- Ability to provide high quality care in a high volume clinic setting.
- Demonstrate proficiency in assessment and delivery of family planning services to a diverse population.
- Fluency in Spanish, Russian, or Vietnamese
- Special expertise in provision of health care to undeserved, culturally diverse populations
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
- Patient education.
- Health Care Maintenance/Preventive Health Care.
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illness/
- Emergent or timely consultative referral to in-house physicians or outside specialist.
- Refugee assessments.
- After hours call responsibilities with MD back-up
- Community outreach and education.
- Participation in CHC organizational meetings, committees, and quality assurance activities.
- Participation in MD/PA clinical reviews every two months.
- Offers comprehensive clinical family planning services that include prevention, personal health and treatment services, tailored to the needs of the clients.
- Maintenance of confidentiality.
1. This position may require the ability to work long and arduous hours.
2. On-call coverage is generally required; frequency depends upon need.
3. There is potential exposure to patient blood and body fluids.
4. This position requires the ability to use a computer workstation, viewing a CRT.
This position requires compliance with Caring Health Center’s compliance standards, including its Standards of Conduct, Compliance Program, and policies and procedures. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the Physician Assistant’s regular performance evaluation.