Conduct professional behavior commensurate with that expected for a health professional. This includes maintenance of strict confidentiality, professional attire and manner, adherence to strict standards of accuracy in translation and documentation, and most importantly, prompt attention to patient’s health needs. Function as team member in delivery of health care in a community health center setting. Abide by the mission of the Health Center and comply with guidelines and policies governing clinical staff.
Reports to: Clinical Service Director; takes immediate direction and supervision from the Clinical Site Manager.
- Current licensure as registered nurse in the State of Massachusetts.
- Current BLS and CPR certifications
- Demonstrated ability in effective verbal and written communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, individuals seeking assistance, representatives of outside agencies, and the general public.
- Professional, reliable behavior and appearance.
- Preference for bilingual individual: Spanish, Russian or Vietnamese.
- Demonstrate proficiency in patient education in a variety of health topics
- Proficient in medication and vaccine administration.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides coordinated care to adult and pediatric patients by developing, monitoring, and evaluating interdisciplinary care
- Works seamlessly in an urgent care/triage department using critical thinking skills to make sound nursing judgements.
- Work closely with interdisciplinary team to monitor and update routine health maintenance to ensure quality of care that meets NCC/UDS standards
- Provides team based nursing care within assigned pods
- Order and stocks inventory i.e vaccines. Assist provider in exam rooms as needed.
- Administers medications / immunizations as ordered.
- Respond to all patient- related telephone and in-basket messages in a timely manner
- Assists in patient education and health surveys.
- Participates in health center outreach committees & community activities.
- Maintains confidentiality of all health center information.
Performs point of care and quality assurance testing as needed.
This position may require the ability to use a computer, work at a computer workstation, viewing a CRT and have some knowledge of a keyboard.
From time to time, the position may require the ability to work long and arduous hours.