Dental Switchboard Coordinator
This position is responsible for coverage of the dental switchboard, as well as voice mail and written messages
Reports to: Dental Practice Manager
- High school diploma minimum.
- Previous experience with switchboard/reception in a fast-paced office
- Bilingual in Spanish; capable, sensitive, and articulate in conversational English and Spanish.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, individuals seeking assistance, and the general public.
- Reliable and professional in behavior and appearance.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
- In accordance with established procedures, receives and forwards all incoming phone calls as appropriate (to Dental Director or Practice Manager) in a friendly manner.
- Takes messages from callers as necessary.
- Facilitates general telephone operations.
- Efficiently schedules dental appointments of returning and new patients: notes patient name, CHC ID number (if a return visit) or “new” (if first-time patient), age, phone number, type of visit, and interpreter needs, if any.
- Maintains current knowledge of the time requirements of various categories of patient visits, preferences and work schedules of various providers, and any interpretation needs.
- Makes patient return calls in a timely fashion.
- May assist patients or staff with bilingual interpretation as time permits.
- Maintains work area in a clean, organized and orderly fashion to facilitate interactions with other staff and to reflect well on the Health Center when viewed by the public.
- Maintains confidentiality of all health center information.
- All other duties as required.
This position also requires the ability to use a computer, work at a computer workstation, viewing a CRT and have some knowledge of a keyboard.
From time to time, this position requires the ability to work long and arduous hours.
I have read this position description thoroughly, and have had an opportunity to ask any questions I have with regard to it.