Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Position Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
The LPN assists in triaging patient calls, prepares patients for clinic visits, and assists in medical procedures, patient education, health screenings, and general clinic maintenance.
Reports to: Medical Director; takes immediate direction from the Site Clinical Manager.
- Unrestricted License in Massachusetts as Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, individuals seeking assistance, representatives of outside agencies, and the general public.
- Professional, reliable behavior and appearance.
- Preference for at least one year of previous clinical experience.
- Preference for bilingual individual: Spanish, Russian, or Vietnamese.
- Preference for Certification in Family Practice, Adult, or Pediatric.
- Demonstrate proficiency in assessment and delivery of family planning services to a diverse population.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
- Triage and/or return patient calls.
- According to established procedures, takes and records vital signs, including height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, and temperature, prepares patients for provider visits.
- Performs tympanometry, cardiography, and other tests as needed.
- Assists as needed in laboratory functions.
- Assists as needed in clinic maintenance.
- Prepares examination rooms for patient visits.
- Stocks inventory; maintains adequate supplies in examination rooms.
- Assist in exam rooms as needed.
- Administers medications / immunizations as ordered.
- If bilingual, provides assistance to health center staff in interpretation during interviews, visits, and phone contacts.
- Assists in patient education and health surveys.
- Participates in health center outreach committees & community activities.
- Maintains confidentiality of all health center information.
- Ensure that clinical family planning services are available to all clients.
This position may require the ability to remain seated for long periods of time at a computer workstation, viewing a CRT and operating a keyboard.
From time to time, this position requires the ability to work long and arduous hours.