Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
The LPN assists in triaging patient calls, prepares patients for clinic visits, and assists in medical procedures, patient education, health screenings, and general clinic maintenance.
Reports to: Clinical Services Director; takes immediate direction and supervision from the Clinical Site Manager.
- Unrestricted License in Massachusetts as Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, individuals seeking assistance, representatives of outside agencies, and the general public.
- Professional, reliable behavior and appearance.
- One year of previous clinical experience preferred but not required.
- Bilingual: Spanish preferred but not required
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
- Triage and/or return patient calls.
- According to established procedures, takes and records vital signs, including height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, and temperature.
- Performs tympanometry, cardiography, and other tests as needed.
- Assists as needed in point of care laboratory testing.
- Prepares examination rooms for patient when conducting nurse visits.
- Respond to all patient and provider related telephone and in-basket messages in a timely manner.
- Assist in exam rooms as needed.
- Administers medications / immunizations as ordered.
- Works seamlessy with adult and pediatric providers and use critical thinking skills to make sound nursing assesments.
- Maintains confidentiality of all health center information.
- Provides team based nursing care.
- Performs assigned monthly clinical duties.
- Work closely with interdisciplinary team to monitor and update routine health maintenance to ensure quality of care that meets UDS,ACO, PCMH and other standards.
This position requires compliance with Health Center’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct and policies and procedures Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the LPN’Ss regular performance evaluation.
From time to time, this position requires the ability to work long and arduous hours.