Behavioral Health Community Health Worker
This position is responsible for providing effective case management services for individuals with Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders in the Behavioral Health Department. Duties include personal encounters to assist clients; telephone client contacts; interpreting within the BH Dept. as needed; process insurance authorizations, process BH Dept. referrals; completing screenings and assessments of clients; setting goals with clients and documenting all in the Electronic Health Record. Must be able to exercise independent judgment in carrying out work assignments and work under general supervision of the Dept. Director and direct supervision of the Clinical Supervisor. Must be able to work as a member of the Behavioral Health Team and the overarching Caring Health Center Team.
Reports to: LICSW, Clinical Supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field helpful.
- Basic understanding of co-occurring disorders in mental health, medical and substance use.
- Three years of work experience with case management or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Ability to establish measurable, individualized goals and objectives to achieve positive treatment outcomes for clients.
- Ability to interact in a friendly manner and set professional boundaries with clients.
- Must have a willingness to help clients with mental health/recovery illnesses.
- Have a non-judgmental attitude toward clients and colleagues at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required for working with clients and staff.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to document activities in a concise and accurate manner.
- Good decision making and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must be willing to train as needed for this position and other tasks in BH Dept.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide case management services to individuals with mental health and substance use disorders. This includes, but is not limited to coordinating services for Behavioral Health clients and making necessary referrals to community resources.
- Familiarity with community resources to assist assigned clients.
- Considerable knowledge of social work principles and practice, social health, welfare programs and laws governing eligibility for these programs.
- Problem-solving skills necessary to assist clients in obtaining resources toward a healthy and recovery- oriented lifestyle.
- Responsible for providing direct services in a client’s natural environment, office or telephonically.
- Assessing client’s resource needs and how to meet them.
- Submit Insurance Authorizations
- Process Internal Referrals to BH Dept.
1. This position requires the ability to work 8 hours daily for 40 hours per week.
2. This position requires the ability to use a computer workstation and document in an Electronic Health Record.
3. Willingness to complete other tasks not listed for the welfare of clients, the BH Dept. and CHC.