BEHAVIORAL HEALTH REGISTRATION and AUTHORIZATION SPECIALIST
The BH Registration / Authorization Specialist will provide assistance to callers inquiring about Caring Health Center’s Integrated Behavioral Health/Recovery Care services. Candidate confirms all client demographics in the electronic health record in accordance with all policies, processes and regulations pertaining to Caring Health Center and HIPPA. The candidate will report directly to the Behavioral Health Director and the Office Practice Manager and Billing Manager as needed. The requirements below are a summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent in this job. The incumbent may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description. Candidate must maintain confidentiality of patients and CHC information. Participate in appropriate team conferences, staff meetings, in-service and consults with physicians and CHC staff to ensure continuity of care. Enter, maintain and submit all documentation in a timely manner according to BH/RC policies. Adhere to Federal/State guidelines rules regulations, statutes and law. Follow the CHC Code of Conduct policy.
Reports to: Director of Behavioral Health
- Bi-lingual Spanish required
- Associate’s degree in business administration, social services or related field preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience in similar job may be considered in lieu of Associate’s degree.
- At least one year experience in working with Third Party payers or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Basic understanding of Behavioral Health and Recovery concerns.
- Respect and compassion for clients who have BH/Recovery diagnoses.
- Professional and respectful attitude required at all times while working with clients and staff.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to document activities in a professional, concise and accurate manner.
- Good decision making and organizational skills.
- Willing to work independently and as a Team member.
- A strong desire to help CHC clients as needed within the parameters of the job description.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
- Always speak with staff and clients with respect, concern and demonstrate friendly attitude with willingness to assist
- Accurately complete CHC registration and check in/out procedures in EPIC
- Daily check insurance eligibility of all scheduled clients
- Make new appointments for clients
- Make reminder calls to clients for all scheduled appointments.
- Answer phone calls and voicemails with respect and concern for clients’ needs. Forward messages if needed, resolve issues if possible.
- Document and give bus passes to clients when needed.
- Give releases and contract to treat to new referrals in Caring Health Center BH Dept.
- Contact Insurance companies to obtain the necessary authorization for services
- Assist clinicians with request for re-authorizations by keeping track of authorizations in EPIC.
- Learn and remain updated with insurance regulations about requesting authorizations for treatment with various insurance companies.
- Work with payer sources and billing department to collect and manage needed information for timely and accurate billing purposes
- Familiarity of processes within CHC to assist clients in obtaining or changing insurance if needed.
- Familiarity of resources within CHC to refer clients as needed.
- Mastery of EPIC/OCHIN functionality in CHC’s Integrated Health Record.
- Monitor the Waiting Room and counters for cleanliness and neatness.
- Attend Team meetings and training's as requested by BH Director
- Demonstrate dependability and responsibility for this position by arriving on time for work, punching in/out for lunch and for start/end of the day.
- Willingness to be flexible if situations demand adjusting work times, breaks and lunch times.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer workstation, using an Electronic Medical Record.
- Collaborate with BH Team members.
- Must be flexible and willing to complete tasks not mentioned here for the good of BH clients, BH Dept. and to support the CHC mission.