Data and Analytics Manager
Position Title: Data and Analytics Manager
The Data and Analytics Manager works to produce knowledge for the EMR, improves data quality and builds trust in data, conducts data validity testing, verifies and ensures proper data mapping, produces clinical and operational business intelligence (BI) from many complex data sources using various analytic methods, is fluent and experienced with electronic medical record coding and reporting systems (e.g., SQL, EPIC/OCHIN), works with continuously evolving data sources, creates actionable reports/dashboards, provides guidance and advice regarding the availability and validity of data to answer questions regarding organizational and provider performance, and provides interpretation of trends and drivers of performance and evaluates the effect of improvement projects.
This position requires compliance with Caring Health Center’s compliance standards, including its Standards of Conduct, Compliance Program, and policies and procedures. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of regular performance evaluation.
Reports to: V.P. of Research and Population Health
Hours: 40 hours/week
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred or an equivalent of education and experience
- Extensive knowledge of electronic medical records including strong IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience manipulating datasets in some significant manner (e.g.,SQL, coding/scripting, statistical analysis)
- Preferred but not required: data visualization, program evaluation, quality improvement, health plan claims analysis, teaching/presenting
- Effective communication skills
- Strong writing skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Friendly, reliable, punctual and professional
- Must possess the ability to work independently, problem solve and make decisions when necessary
- Must have the ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Proficient use of public transportation or MA Drivers license required
- Master’s in health informatics and analytics or related field (e.g., IT, public health, biostatistics) with specific expertise and experience in health analytics platforms, health information technology.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
Data Management (10%)
Data Analysis (35%)
Education and Advising (25%)
- This position may require the ability to work long and arduous hours.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer workstation, viewing a CRT.