Ryan White Medical Case Manager
Position Title: Ryan White Medical Case Manager
Responsible for providing service coordination, advocacy, referral, basic education and care monitoring for people living with HIV/AIDS, both who utilize the service of CHC and who are residents of our catchment area. Provide ongoing support through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs with the overall objective to improve the quality of patient management and improve the continuity of care. Provide medical assisting duties for patients enrolled in Ryan White Program during clinic days. Provide medication adherence counseling.
Reports to: Ryan White Program Manager
- Graduated from accredited Medical Assistant training program.
- Certification or eligible for certification as a Medical Assistant.
- Multi-cultural sensitivity (bilingual/bi-cultural preferred).
- Experience working with people with HIV/AIDS.
- Resourcefulness in problem solving.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to maintain data and track clients in Epic Ochin and Careware.
- Ability to take notes on meetings and transcribe notes into summary form.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Basic computer skills.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
- Track patients to ensure that they are receiving the level of support needed (level of tracking varies based on result of needs assessment)
- Provide case management services to patients enrolled in the Ryan White program.
- Communicate and coordinate needs of the client to other CHC staff and promotes effective and efficient utilization of clinical resources.
- Advocate for services for the client.
- Collects data and generate report of services rendered.
- Ensure that each client receives needed services/items on a timely basis
- Ensures that patient tests are appropriate and necessary and are carried out within an acceptable time frame and that results are available.
- Assist clients in locating and gaining access to housing.
- Assist client in obtaining financial assistance and/or social services.
- Provide referrals to needed supportive services.
- Communicate with physician in order to develop and maintain patient desired outcome.
- Counsels client by delivering physician orders.
- Schedule medical appointments.
- Reschedule Ryan White no shows.
- Prepare charts for upcoming client visits.
- Remind client of upcoming appointment via mail or phone.
- Prepare patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests and obtaining vital signs.
- Receive, review, and enter data into Careware program and confirms accuracy of such data and generate reports regarding data entered.
- Attend in-services, community resource meetings and training to support professional development.
- Assist RN Case Manager (Integration Manager) with integration duties and program development.
- Other related duties assigned by supervisor.
This position requires compliance with Caring Health Center’s compliance standards, including its Standards of Conduct, Compliance Program, Policies and Procedures and Clinical Quality Measures. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
This position requires the ability to use a computer workstation, viewing a CRT and operating a keyboard.
From time to time, this position requires the ability to work long and arduous hours.