Front Office Operations Manager
This position is responsible for the coordination and operation of the front office functions to ensure patient flow runs smoothly. The Front Office Operations Manager acts as a liaison with physicians, patients, and other office staff. Responsible for assisting in the development of and administration of office policies and procedures. Supervises and coordinates front office staff, including enrollment/registration, scheduling, medical records, and switchboard.
Reports to: Director of Front Operations
Department: Front Office
- Bachelors Degree in human services/health-related field preferred with 2-3 years job-related experience or 3-5 years in a health care setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required for working with patients and staff.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and respect; regard for patient privacy is essential.
- Ability to analyze operational issues and solve them creatively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with patient tracking systems, data collection, data entry, and Electronic Health Record system.
- Organizational skills a must.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and labor law.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change and work collaboratively with others at all levels of the organization.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide supervision and training to the Front Office Staff (Scheduling, Registration, Switchboard, Interpreters, and Medical Records). Coordinate multi-site front office operations, organize assignments, work with Site Supervisors to review work efficiencies and effectiveness, and evaluate staff performance.
- Work with Site Supervisors, Director of Front Operations, Chief Operations Officer, Chief Medical Officer to ensure quality service, smooth patient flow, and successful medical records administration.
- Manage processes of enrollment, registration, record flow and scheduling, monitoring efficiency and effectiveness, assessing and modifying process design, working closely with Community Health Workers and Insurance Navigators assuring uninsured patients are enrolled in a health plan.
- Maintain a high performing office as defined and measured by metrics developed by the leadership team, UDS, PCMH, and other regulating bodies and align with the strategic plan.
- Prepare and submit department reports.
- Initiate appropriate action to ensure that co-payments are collected.
- Review medical records for correct documentation to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and standards related to privacy, security, and record completion functions.
- Perform goodwill duties for patients, answer complaints, promote, and ensure patient satisfaction.
- Supervise the ordering and delivery of all front office supplies for all CHC sites.
- Work closely with the medical staff to ensure schedule coordination, problem-solving, and collaboration with the Site Supervisors.
- Manage Epic OCHIN Electronic Health Record system for Providers’ schedules and ensure new providers are entered into the scheduling system.
- Work closely with the billing department to ensure all medical encounter/billing patient information is properly documented and reconcile.
- Monitor the effectiveness of switchboard processes and procedures to continuously improve the number of calls answered while decreasing wait times and abandoned calls.
- Attend required Management Team meetings.
- Enhance professional growth and development through education programs and in-service meetings; routinely sharing professional knowledge with staff.
- Interview, hire, and train Front Office Staff.
- Implement targeted programs in conjunction with the Director of Front Operations Implement strategies to recruit new patients.
- Ensure compliance with HRSA’s 19 Core Requirements.
- Monitor timely opening and closing of the facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. This position may require the ability to work long and arduous hours.
2. This position requires the ability to use a computer workstation, viewing a CRT.